Sunday, March 19, 2017

First Baptism. Saturday, March 18, 2017

On Saturday, our prep day, we had a baptism to go to. I guess I should mention there is no real prep day. You just fit in doing what you have to get done.


We went to a baptism at the Chinese ward. They speak Mandarin. You are correct, we didn’t understand any of program. Elder Cox did the baptizing. He memorized the baptismal prayer in Mandarin. I was very impressed. I couldn’t even say the converts name. It was Shen Yun Rui. I learned in China you say the surname, last name, first. So, his surname is Shen. He is originally from Beijing, China. He is in sixties. He has a very strong testimony. I believe he will be an asset and will be going to the temple in a year. It was very special to be there. This is what being on a mission about. The junior missionaries treat us very well. It is easy to serve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment