Sunday, May 13, 2018

A Busy and Great Week!

It is Sunday evening and I am feeling great. I gave the YSA Sunday School lesson today. I was happy with how it came out. So, I decided to take a little time and post a blog about this last week.

One of the best things for me about this job is how much work there is. Strange, right? 11 hours a day is the norm. The time flies by. And it is great to give service. Every night I try to read about 1/2 hour from a set of novels I am reading about the founding of Australia. I always go to bed and fall right to sleep.

This last week was one of the busiest week I have had.

On Monday Linda and drove to Charlestown which is 2 1/4 hours away. In Charlestown I loaded up a trailer with furniture from a flat we are closing. I will finish the job next Monday. Was late before I got to bed.

Got up at 5 am, which is our normal time. I left to be at the Zone Training at 7:30 am to give driver training. While the missionaries involved were watching a video I went back to the hotel to get Linda. We listened to part of the training which was about how to use smart phones. Our mission gets smart phones June 1st. To say the least, the missionaries are excited. The phones they have now are terrible. Both Linda and I went out and bought a phone instead of using the mission supplied phones. We helped with lunch. After lunch we interviewed missionaries who had done flat self inspections. They take pictures of their flats, fill out a checklist, and give themselves a grade. Guess what, they all gave themselves As, some with plusses. Okay, do you believe that? Let me just say I do not know a flat that my wife would be willing to live in without a major cleaning before moving in. :-).

After that we headed home and still worked in the office for a couple of hours.

On Wednesday and Thursday we had two more zone trainings that we did the flat self inspections interviews. Still mostly As. I know one of those flats we are having holes in the walls fixed that were put there by weight lifting equipment. Of course, it is alway the previous elders that do the damage. That is always there answer when asked who did the damage. I just smile.

After zone training Thursday at 5 pm I picked up a moving truck. I then went to 2 flat's garages that had senior couples furniture We loaded up furniture for a new seniors couple flat that we are opening in Armidale. I had missionaries meet me there to help. A very late night

Up on Friday at 3:30 am, 4 1/2 hours of sleep, for a long day of driving. I drove to Grafton. 7 hours drive. Loaded up some more furniture from another storage unit I have. I have 7 garages that have furniture in them. Then drove to Armidale which was another 2 1/2 hours. Missionaries met me there, and we unloaded the truck into the new flat. After that I took the missionaries out for pizza. It is fun to do. After pizza I followed a senior couple to their flat in Tamworth. Another 1 1/2 drive. Boy, I slept good that night. 11 hours of driving a moving truck with a very tight suspension. I bounced all over the cab.

Up and on my way at 6:16 am Saturday morning. I had to have the truck back by 3 pm. It was an easy drive. Only 5 hours. :-). After unloading some furniture and bikes that I brought back I dropped the truck off. We then went to diner to celebrate mothers day. After that I went to the office and prepared my Sunday School lesson. Another late night.

If was a great week with never stopping. How else would you want it if you are out serving, away from your family, and the fun activities you like to do?

I hope you are all enjoying your life as much as I am. Time is flying by fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment