Monday, November 6, 2017

Royal Botanical Gardens - November

Last Saturday was a rainy cooler day here in Sydney.  Monty and I decided to take a P-day and go to the Royal Botanical Gardens downtown Sydney.  It was wonderful.  No crowds.  We found street parking at $8 an hour.   A moderate rain.  We had umbrellas. It was just so pleasant to be out and seeing nature and all its beauty.  We stayed about an hour.  I am just coming off being sick for 3 weeks so my energy isn't all the way back to full speed.  We then drove downtown and went to a Malaysian restaurant that I had read good reports on AND it was a moderate price. The food was delicious and a little spicy, but we both enjoyed it.  I can't tell you how expensive things are here.  Houses start at a Million $$.  That is for dumps.  Nicer ones are 4-6 million.  Restaurants serve everything a la carte and usually around the $20-30 range.  One restaurant I was reading about was $40 appetizers and $60-70 for main course.  I find I like to eat home and save the money.  Of course there are food courts, but that gets old after awhile. 

It has been nice to get a weeks worth of rain as it is finally greening up the lawns and trees.  It does seem many places don't use sprinklers, they just take what mother nature gives them.  The lawns around here have been turning brown and not very pretty.  The Church Service Center has sent out electricians to run more power to the distant trees on the campus so they can light more trees this Christmas.  President Checketts was briefing us on the upcoming December schedule and our responsibilities hosting thousands of people to the Temple grounds during the holidays.  It sure is going to be different to have Christmas taking place during the heat of summer.

The trees in these pictures are the much beloved Jacaranda trees.  They are all over Sydney, and just beautiful.  I love having this color for a few weeks.  

I don't have much to report due to being under the weather.  However, I must say so many senior missionaries sure came to my rescue.  Missionaries picked up my work load while I was out of the office.  They were probably glad I stayed away so they didn't get sick.  However the Junior missionaries have this Flu passing from one to another throughout the mission.  Sister Bott brought me the best tasting vegetarian soup twice.  Monty took really good care of me, making multiple trips to the store for items I needed.  Sister Merrill recognized I was depleted on electrolights and bought me some replacements.  Boy did they help.  I was worried Monty would get sick as well, but he didn't.  I will be really happy if I never have the flu again.  That was miserable. Another challenge that I made it through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment